RESULTS STATEMENT: I am accountable for producing the following results:
One Southern Indiana (1si) expects this position to be accountable for leading regional efforts in executing strategies focused around developing more visibility, connection, mentorship, and business opportunities for all businesses. The Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will be partnered with the 1si Board of Directors’ Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee to ensure 1si’s purpose of growing all businesses and developing all talent to maximize the potential for economic growth and prosperity.
This position will also work closely with the Chief Revenue Director on sponsorships, budgets and revenue projections for all DE&I events, programs, and workshops. The Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion must also work collaboratively with staff members, members, investors, volunteers, vendors, and other stakeholders in making our community a place of choice for all businesses and talent.
In addition, as a member of Small Business Services team, this Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion position will assist in establishing the strategic planning and development of small business training, educational programming, workshops, and seminars along with the subsequent metrics of success, implementing actions toward that strategy, and measuring results toward strategic goals. This position requires a mix of team-oriented activities as well as independent judgment and discretion. The ability to multi-task within a high-pressure environment cannot be overstated for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Function as the staff lead for the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
- Maintain the official records of the committee, including scheduling and sending notices of meetings, attending and transcribing minutes.
- Manage the execution of strategic projects devised by the committee.
- Assist in fund raising efforts, budgets, and regular financial reporting, as needed.
- Prepare reports, letters, memos, correspondence, charts, presentation materials, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the 1si By-Laws, committee mission, and any relevant agreements.
- Develop and promote the business case for improving DE&I in area businesses and organizations.
- Work towards the development of networking events to bring talented diverse leaders together to share ideas and bring visibility to the talents of our region.
- Develop the framework and infrastructure to create a long-term sustainable initiative.
- Conduct research and present suggestions for best practices from other similarly focused initiatives.
- Partner and Collaborate with 1si Staff Members on the following initiatives:
- Collaborate with the Member Relationship Manager to drive diverse membership and engagement of group members; assist in identifying diverse membership prospects
- Partner with the Small Business Navigator to create programming to facilitate mentoring and professional development to grow all businesses; share programming ideas that address diverse business needs; connect businesses to resources as appropriate, including connections within the corporate community.
- Collaborates with the Chief Revenue Director to identify diverse investor relations and sponsorship prospects in order to grow diversity within our investors and sponsors.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Communications and Database to create communication, marketing, and public relations strategies that amplify the stories of diverse professionals in our region; provide feedback on diversity representation in 1si marketing (print, website, etc.).
- Partner with the HR Coordinator on diversity recruitment needs and priorities for staff positions.
- Prepare reports for internal / external review of metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree or higher preferred with minimum three (3) years of experience in a business environment and a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion work. A combination of education and experience may be substituted when proficiency is demonstrated.
- Very organized in use of tools including Outlook, CRM and others as provided.
- A self-starter, assertive demeanor, and lifelong learner.
- Ability to manage, motivate and influence diverse groups of people.
- Comfortable in a variety of work environments, including public speaking and presenting. Ability to hold the attention of large groups of people.
- Understand basic business financial statements and reports, including experience in developing financial budgets.
- Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that persuades positive interaction; Seeks solutions to overcome objections and obstacles and exhibits a high degree of resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and audiences with diverse backgrounds and educational levels. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentation outlines.
- Appropriate and proficient phone and social media skills.
- Prioritize daily functions with multiple deadlines and high volumes of work.
- MS Office Proficient; Use keyboard, laptop, projection equipment, and other office equipment with proficiency.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time; operating office equipment; arrange meeting room tables and chairs; and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Visual Acuity; ability to see and hear within normal parameters, must use hands and fingers to use keyboard and mouse; operate equipment or controls; reach above shoulder heights; below the waist; or lift to file documents or store materials throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Ability to self-transport from office to committee/member/investor/vendor/community leader meetings, 1si special events and programs.
- Must be able to work a varied work schedule as business needs may require early morning or evening hours.
- Dress for this position is business casual or business attire (unless the day’s tasks require otherwise). A clean, professional, well-groomed appearance is expected.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.