Lincolnland Economic Development Corporation (LEDC), Spencer County, Indiana’s Economic Development group, is looking for a new Executive Director. As Executive Director, he/she plans and supervises all activities of the LEDC under the policy direction of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for leading active efforts to attract, expand, enhance and retain business and commerce in Spencer County, Indiana, and oversees the work of LEDC, with an emphasis on maintaining close relationships with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, private and public stakeholders, existing and potential businesses. In addition, the Executive Director assists the Board in establishing organizational goals and objectives, oversees financial responsibilities and formulates plans, policies, and programs to attain those goals and objectives.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Deadline to apply September 30, 2021
Brief List of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; degree in economic development, urban planning, economics, marketing, business, or a related discipline preferred or five years experience in economic development, job and investment attraction or substantial experience within business and industry or as a marketing professional.
- Proficient knowledge in business planning and promotion, market analysis, relevant municipal legislation and financial management.
- Understanding of the changing dynamics of business and what is required to attract business investments to a community.
- Economic Development experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to relocate.
For a full job description and to apply go to: firstname.lastname@example.org