Applications Due: August 1
Want to apply? Click the register button to the left to complete the application.
Scholarships are awarded for tuition assistance or registration only for certain professional development that has been pre-approved by the Foundation. Pre-approved professional development includes;
- OU/EDI – Years 1 through 3
- Pre-Exam Course for Certification CEcD
- IEDC Courses
- Basic Economic Development Course
- Ball State University Basic Course
- Radius Indiana
- IEDA Practitioner’s Course
- IEDA Seminars
- IEDA Conferences (Excluding Site Selector Conference)
Note: The Foundation may consider and award scholarships for other professional development courses not previously listed on a case by case basis. Applications for these other courses must attach an overview or syllabus for the course and the applicant’s essay must address how this course will benefit their career in economic development.
The Foundation recognizes that other entities such as public/private utility companies around the State offer financial assistance as well to economic development practitioners. The intent of the Foundation’s Scholarship Program is not to replace but to augment and partner with other existing programs, extending the common goal of continued professional development while not duplicating efforts. Every effort will be made to coordinate scholarship opportunities between the Foundation and other entities to avoid duplication of effort.
Scholarship Application/Awarding of Scholarships:
- The Foundation Board of Directors will create a Scholarship Application Committee (the Committee) consisting of at least three (3) Foundation Board Members. From within the Committee, a Scholarship Chairperson will be designated
- The Committee is responsible for the development of a Scholarship Application which will be made available to IEDA members via the Association’s website.
- Scholarships will be awarded twice per year. Normally awards will be made and announcements of scholarship winners will take place in April and October of each year. Every attempt will be made to announce winners at IEDA Conferences. However, all Scholarship Winners will be recognized at the IEDA’s Annual Meeting
- At least 45 days prior to each announcement, a solicitation for applications will be made throughout the IEDA membership, via the Association’s web site, at conferences, and other forms of social media. Directions for submitting applications electronically, with a deadline, will be established by the Committee for each solicitation period.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to Association members in good standing.
- Applications received prior to the deadline will be disseminated to the Committee for their review and recommendation. A deadline for recommendations will be established by the Scholarship Committee Chairperson.
Amount of Scholarship –General Guidelines: The amount and number of scholarships award within a given year will be determined by the Committee based on the number of applications and the availability of funds. However, as a general guideline, the Committee will use the following table for awarding the financial amount of each scholarship:
Course/Training - Amount
- OU/EDI – Year 1 75% of tuition
- OU/EDI – Year 2 50% of tuition
- OU/EDI – Year 3 25% of tuition
- Pre-Exam Course CEcD 50% of tuition
- IEDC Courses 50% of tuition
- Basic Course (BSU/Radius) 100% of tuition
- IEDA Practitioners Course 100% of tuition
- IEDA Conferences (Excluding Site Selectors) 50% of tuition
- IEDA Seminars 50% of tuition
Other criteria that may be considered by the Committee beyond number of applications and availability of funds include:
- Justification of need or essay provided in the application
- Number of years in the economic development field
- Availability of other scholarships specific for that course/training
- Recommendation of supervisor
- Number of previous awards to the applicant by the Foundation
- Date Application was received i.e., first come first served