POSITION: President and CEO of Knox County Development Corporation (KCDC) a public/private corporation/partnership with responsibility for the management of the Corporate activities, and under the direction of the Board and the Executive Committee, works to ensure and foster effective economic development within the City of Vincennes and Knox County.
REPORTS TO: KCDC Board of Directors
STATUS: Serves at the will and pleasure of the KCDC Board of Directors. Full-time, with salary and benefits outlined within an employment contract.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in developing and administering a continuing program of policy development and public relations on behalf of the City of Vincennes and Knox County to promote and market economic development in the county for new, expansion and retention of employers with an emphasis on primary job providers. Collaborates and communicates with legislative bodies; industries; business groups; educational institutions; other county, city and state departments and agencies; the media; and the general public.
- Fosters and administers policies to ensure that decisions and directives of the Board of Directors are carried out. Coordinates Director activities to assure vitality, growth and development within the area, with consideration for both environmental and economic priorities.
- Manages an ongoing economic development promotion for businesses seeking relocation and/or expansion.
- Manages an efficient operation in keeping with the objectives of the Directors. Directs and supervises employee’s activities and assignments.
- Maintains control over expenditures to ensure the Board maintains a sound financial position. Develops the annual project plan and budget for presentation to the KCDC Board of Directors.
- Reviews and develops reports on monthly, quarterly and annual activities; assists in development short term and long term policies and projections and submits recommendations to the KCDC Board of Directors.
- Keeps the KCDC Board of Directors and other stakeholders, informed of all phases of the Board’s operations. Actively seeks out new stakeholders and sources of funding on an ongoing basis. Attends and participates in a variety of meetings to communicate Board policies.
- Applies strong marketing, promotion, sales and closing skills.
- Enforces the personnel policies of the Board and makes any necessary recommendations for amendments to these policies to the KCDC Board of Directors. Recommends the addition or removal of staff and the organization of the Board. Selects, evaluates, disciplines and determines salary of staff with the KCDC Board of Director’s review.
- Maintains an active role in local, regional, state and national economic development and real estate organizations, including membership in applicable organizations.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter no later than December 31, 2019 to Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail, c/o Knox County Development Corporation, 1101 North 3rd Street, P.O. Box 701, Vincennes, IN 47591.