MIBOR REALTOR® Association is looking for a dedicated professional to join our team as Economic and Community Development Liaison in our Government and Community Relations Department. You will contribute to a vibrant member service organization and focus your energy toward ensuring an efficient real estate marketplace through strengthening our communities.
The position works with our Government and Community Relations team in achieving overarching association goals, works with officials and economic development organizations to provide support and assistance with talent attraction and business growth efforts, and partners with various entities to enhance community quality of life in central Indiana.
The MIBOR REALTOR® Association is the professional trade association representing central Indiana’s REALTORS®. Founded in 1912, MIBOR was established by 43 charter members and today serves the needs of more than 8,500 members in Boone, Brown, Decatur, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Morgan, and Shelby counties. In addition to serving these counties, MIBOR also provides a Broker Listing Cooperative (BLC®) listing service to REALTORS® in Bartholomew, Jackson, Jennings, and Putnam counties.
MIBOR’s focus is on ensuring an efficient marketplace, strengthening our communities, promoting professionalism and providing the technology resources through the MIBOR BLC® listing service that enables members to best serve their clients.
MIBOR prides itself on being a collaborative and respected trade association with a strong investment history in the communities we serve. MIBOR is on the cutting edge of technology and innovation and offers access to a strong network of local, state, and national resources across the United States.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to engage MIBOR and its members in economic and community development efforts.
- Work closely with economic development organizations to provide support and assistance with talent attraction and business growth efforts.
- Identify and partner with various entities to improve quality of life as it impacts economic stability and growth.
- Manages MIBOR’s Regional Placemaking grant program and works directly with the National Association of REALTORS® to secure grant funding.
- Gather and disseminate information affecting the community and real estate industry by attending various community meetings and partner functions.
- Provide membership with information regarding current and future economic and community development initiatives in central Indiana.
- Gather and disseminate relevant real estate industry information to elected officials and leaders in economic and community development.
- Work with policymakers and community organizations to address issues that impact quality of place and talent attraction.
- Engage the association and its members in community engagement initiatives, including raising awareness of the role of placemaking.
- Works closely with communications department to promote association initiatives in economic and community development.
- Build and maintain effective coalitions with other groups and associations.
- Research, gather, and disseminate MIBOR’s regional messages regarding economic development and a healthy vibrant real estate market.
Qualifications and expectations:
- College degree plus meaningful experience that has provided some exposure to government and or economic/community development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with various community partners.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Service oriented toward meeting the expectations of our members.
- Able to coordinate several projects simultaneously, organized, and attentive to detail.
- Able to work extended hours on occasion.
- Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Competitive salary structure with bonus opportunity
If you are looking for a position where you will have a positive impact, if you want to be a part of a vibrant and energetic team, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.