Who We Are
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership exists to create a more prosperous region for our residents. We offer an exciting work environment where you can make a difference in the economic future of Northeast Indiana as part of a team striving for excellence and delivering results. We build, market and sell Northeast Indiana by bringing people together to confront big challenges and uniting around positive change. We encourage creativity, passion and determination of individual team members and engage them in a supportive, collaborative team which thrives on achieving goals together. As a member of our team, you can help advance Northeast Indiana in new and substantial ways.
Who We Are Looking For
We have an opening for a Director of Business Development. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Economic Development & COO, the Director of Business Development (Director) is responsible for attracting new businesses to Northeast Indiana. The Director will lead the development and execution of the overall business development strategy to maximize lead generation for the region and contribute to the organizational strategic planning process. The Director draws upon a breadth of experience to create and execute strategies that integrate national and international business development, target industry development and marketing. This individual is an ambassador for the Partnership and builds proactive and positive relationships with site selection consultants and prospective company executives.
- Lead the development and execution of the overall business development strategy, annual business plan and supporting budget to maximize lead generation for the region. Include strategies which integrate national and international business development, target industry development and marketing.
- Develop and execute a strategy for lead generation and business recruitment through productive relationships with national site consultants.
- Travel routinely to represent the Partnership and the region in business development meetings.
- Coordinate the assignment and convening of assigned target industries, mining for business development leads and priority needs. Ensure that target industry needs are integrated into Vision 2030 priorities.
- Manage relationships and results of lead generation vendors.
- Lead compilation of regional project responses with the local economic development organizations; serve as single point of contact for assigned projects.
- Support the local economic development organizations in project visit coordination and business development travel.
- Maintain strong relationships with the region’s economic development professionals and the LEDO Council in general, advancing the culture and trust inherent in the Code of Ethics.
- Integrate key regional priorities and brand identity into communications with external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CEcD desired
- 4+ years’ experience in sales, business development or related role; management experience desired
- Proficiency with CRM platforms
- Experience presenting to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Solid business acumen and analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics
- Demonstrated excellence in execution - align key stakeholders to decisions; highly collaborative with cross-functional team members and customers
- Travel required approximately 25% of time
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Vanessa Hurtig at email@example.com by June 17, 2019.