As a private/public partnership for county-wide economic development, the Daviess County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) is working to build a foundation for a better tomorrow in the communities within Daviess County, Indiana. A founding organization of the WestGate @ Crane Technology Park, DCEDC’s mission is to develop a process which improves the standard of living for all citizens by creating, retaining and reinvesting wealth while protecting the environment.
The Project Manager is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director of the Daviess County Economic Development Corporation. This professional position is primarily responsible for managing workforce development/skills training, quality of life, and housing activities. Other activities include, but are not limited to cost accounting and valuation of new and ongoing projects’ income and expenses, preparing reports, coordination/planning of events and meetings, program management, and database/website systems management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating workforce development programs and activities as they pertain to the organization and partners.
- Coordinate skills training opportunities and programs with education providers.
- Responsible for coordinating quality of life, housing, and community development projects as identified by the Executive Director.
- Preparation and drafting of various reports on the status of active or potential quality of life, housing, and community development projects at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Preparation and drafting of community or economic development-based grant applications, with grant research, writing and administration as a required skill set.
- Assist in planning and executing special events, such as (but not limited to) the annual meeting, stakeholder receptions, workshops, and other programs.
- Oversee maintenance and development of statistical and/or informational databases. Perform ongoing updates and maintenance of available sites and buildings inventory. Must possess an ability to perform effective online research. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- Perform ongoing updates and maintenance of DCEDC’s website through a content management system. Proficiency with website content management systems and Information Technology preferred.
- Manage the preparation and design of marketing and promotional materials for both domestic and international markets using various media. Experience with Desktop Publishing and social networking tools preferred.
- Draft, design, and coordinate press releases and other outreach material when deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Assist, as needed, with ongoing accounts payable/receivable processing, as well as preparation of monthly statements.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will project a professional demeanor at all times. He/she will possess:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A working knowledge of the Indiana Workforce Development structure preferred.
- A working knowledge of economic development and nonprofit organizations, including the principles of economic and community development, volunteer management, program administration, project management, and grant application writing preferred.
- A working knowledge of local and state political structure preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment as a normal and recurring part of performing day-today duties, including the ability to maintain confidential information and/or discussions.
- Strong public relations skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships among diverse groups of people.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn proficiency in design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of social media platforms required.
- Knowledge of website content management and IT systems preferred.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or comparable accounts payable/receivable processing software and best practices
- Ability to perform basic research and analyze data using acceptable research practices, and to formulate alternatives and recommendations.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
- A minimum of Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s degree is preferred) in Business Administration, Marketing, Economic Development, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years’ experience.
Salary and benefits commiserate with experience and qualifications.
The Daviess County Economic Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
All interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, references, and supporting information to Bryant Niehoff, at email@example.com. Application will be accepted and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.