Jay County Development Corporation (JCDC) is seeking a Director who will serve as the principal industrial/business promoter for Jay County, Indiana. Corporate staffing includes a professional Community Developer and Administrative Assistant working as a team to implement the Strategic Plan to enhance the economic and community development for the county reporting to the Board President.
Job Description: The Director will have the primary responsibility for retaining existing industries and encouraging their expansion, and for promoting new enterprises to locate in Jay County. Responsibility includes other activities determined to result in the enhancement of the economic and community well-being of Jay County. The Executive Director will coordinate official duties with existing organizations and agencies whose primary purpose is economic development and related fields such as business services and workforce development.
The Director is responsible for creation and implementation of an effective marketing program; providing professional leadership in the promotion of positive political relationships, genuine public relations with public members and media networking representatives; accountability of day-to-day operation responsibilities, budget creation and adherence; and development and implementation of a general strategic plan of action for short and long-term success of the corporation.
Essential Job Functions:
The following is a general outline of duties to be performed by the Executive Director in accomplishing a comprehensive work program:
- Maintain an outreach program needed to grow and maintain Jay County industries.
- Maintain a continuing program of assistance to existing local businesses.
- Oversee and assure that website(s), electronic materials, social media profiles, and printed materials are current.
- Maintain an ongoing program of contact with selected businesses/industries, interested in relocating or opening a new operation in Jay County.
- Provide and arrange for all necessary information on the area and give any and all assistance possible to firms seeking an area site for their projects.
- Proactively seek and/or respond in a timely manner to prospect inquiries.
- Advertising, publicity and public relations programs for the development of Jay County.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local legislation affecting economic development.
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of respective Economic and Community Development annual work plans and budgets.
- Prepare an annual report for the organization, as well as the Jay County Strategic Development Plan every five (5) years or less.
- Perform other related duties required to meet the goals and policy outlines of the Board to include but not be limited to:
- Supervise all employees of the Jay County Development Corporation
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of work plans for Economic and Community Development.
- Facilitate and oversee all aspects of EDIT Plan and process.
- Be available as a resource and support person to all fundraising activities of the Jay County Development Corporation and responsible parties.
- Establish by example a strong work ethic, team atmosphere, and desire to carry out the goals and objectives of JCDC.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business administration, industrial engineering, or related field and practical experience, resulting in overall knowledge of business needs and practices. At the discretion of the Board appropriate experience may be substituted for education requirement. In addition a minimum of three to five years’ experience in related field is required with preference of work with local, state and federal government officials and programs. Economic development experience preferred, but not required.
- Upon job acceptance residency in Jay County is required.
Complete job description is located on Jay County Development Corporation’s web site at www.jaycountydevelopment.org. Please submit resumes to Jodi Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.