The Rush County Economic and Community Development Corporation (ECDC), a primary economic development partner in Rushville and Rush County, seeks a qualified individual to join the economic development team in order to foster public/private partnerships that result in private sector investment and job creation.
The Manager of Workforce Development & Client Services is a full-time exempt position that reports to the President/CEO. This professional position is responsible for all administrative functions with a special emphasis on project management and workforce development and skills training activities. Other activities include, but are not limited to, economic development lead response, phone/email inquiries, accounts payable/receivable processing, coordination/planning of events and meetings, and database/website systems management. This position will be Rushville, Indiana; please indicate willingness to relocate to Rush County in cover letter.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of initial response for economic development project leads.
- Responsible for coordinating workforce development programs and activities as they pertain to the organization and partners.
- Will assist with coordination of prospect site visits, as well as preparation of customized information packets.
- Responsible for planning and executing special events, such as (but not limited to) Board of Directors Annual Meeting, stakeholder receptions, workshops, and other programs.
- Community or economic-based grant application coordination, with grant research, writing and administration as a desired skill set.
- ACT Work Ready Community
- Coordinate training center opportunities with education providers
- Provide administrative support for Rush County ECDC staff, including receipt/distribution of mail, preparation of written correspondence, maintenance of file systems, and activities related to monthly Board meetings.
- Responsible for reporting and ongoing accounts payable/receivable processing, as well as preparation of monthly statements and reports.
- Oversee maintenance and development of statistical and/or informational databases. Perform ongoing updates and maintenance of available sites and buildings inventory. Must possess an ability to perform effective online research. Proficiency in Excel required.
- Perform ongoing updates and maintenance of ECDC website through a content management system. Proficiency with website content management systems preferred.
- Design marketing and promotional materials for both domestic and international markets using various media. Experience with Desktop Publishing and social networking tools preferred.
- Coordinate and execute communications with targeted industry leaders. Design and coordinate press releases and other outreach material.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will project a professional demeanor at all times. He/she will possess:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A working knowledge of the Indiana Workforce Development structure preferred
- A working knowledge of economic development or nonprofit organizations, including the principles of economic and community development, volunteer management, program administration, project management, and grant application writing preferred.
- A working knowledge of local and state political structure preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment as a normal and recurring part of performing day-today duties, including the ability to maintain confidential information and/or discussions.
- Strong public relations skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships among diverse groups of people.
- Expertise in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of social networking tools required.
- Knowledge of website content management systems preferred.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
- Ability to perform basic research and analyze data using acceptable research practices, and to formulate alternatives and recommendations
- A minimum of Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s degree is preferred) in Business Administration, Marketing, Economic Development, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years’ experience.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
Resumes and applications are being collected through July 23rd, 2018. Interested applicants should contact JohnMcCane@RushECDC.org with their resume and cover letter.