The East Central Indiana Regional Partnership exists to market the assets of the 10 county region on behalf of the member counties for business and talent attraction. The President & CEO is responsible for the effective and efficient execution of the strategic direction set forth by the Board of Directors. The President & CEO creates a platform for public private collaboration on regional economic development strategy, implements programs, convenes key regional stakeholders, and externally markets the region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Collaboration & Engagement Management:
- Facilitate the necessary dialog on issues related to the regional business climate.
- Coordinate efforts with the Local Economic Development Organizations and stakeholders with similar interests.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key funders and is responsible for fundraising annually to support 100% of the organization’s budget.
- Provide information to local media outlets to increase awareness, and ensure they receive information on important topics and key events.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson articulating the attributes of the region.
- Develop and implement ideas to promote regional approaches to solving problems.
- Develop new content and ensure maintenance of ECIRP’s website(s).
- Inform regional stakeholders of the efforts, activities and accomplishments of ECIRP.
Management & Operations:
- Lead and develop an overall strategic plan focused on business and talent attraction for the East Central Indiana Region.
- Assure development of, and execution against, the budget and strategies approved by the Board.
- Board Governance - Manage board member communications, including new appointments, documentation and orientation; and assure that ECIRP bylaws and policies are enforced, and proper reporting occurs.
- Develop dynamic organization and staff structures to meet ECIRP’s evolving economic development roles and responsibilities, including grant and program management.
- Maintain an environment of teamwork that supports and rewards efforts and results.
- Assure an ethical and professional reputation is maintained for the work done by the ECIRP.
- Plan and attend ECIRP Board, Executive Committee and East Central Indiana Development Council meetings.
Business & Talent Recruitment:
- Lead the development and execution of targeted marketing and business recruitment strategies with tactical plans to identify and generate leads, contacts and projects for attraction of high quality jobs and business investment into the Region.
- Conduct business development travel and activities to expand the visibility and presence of the Region. Expected travel is 50%.
- Build long term, positive and sustainable relationships with business relocation experts, site selectors, real estate brokers and consultants.
- Coordinate and host site selectors, brokers and prospects visiting the region as needed.
- Serve as the primary economic development point of contact for the region and lead business attraction activities.
- Create and execute regional marketing strategies that aid in talent recruitment efforts and promote a positive image for the region.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- A BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience is required, ideally with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Economic development experience and/or CEcD certification desirable.
- A proven record of increasing responsibility and accountability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships, interacting effectively with individuals and organizations to achieve results
- Knowledge about the issues, models and methods for successful economic development
- Exceptional organizational and management skills with a proven track record of consensus building desired
- Knowledge and understanding of budget and accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to make independent decisions and accept responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain and develop excellent staff
- Working knowledge of Indiana and its competitors
- Ability to travel and represent ECIRP on a regional, state, national and international level
- Forward and creative thinking, with ability to analyze big picture for ECIRP
- Commitment to ECIRP’s Mission and Vision
- Analytical skills and good judgment, with ability to gather and digest information quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills in the operation and function of all programs used by the organization including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact and social media platforms
- Preserves strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Seeks and accepts opportunities for professional growth
Salary commensurate with experience starting at $100,000. Benefits package available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Good speaking and listening skills
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter addressed to Ashley Savieo, ECRIP Board President, resume and references to email@example.com by July 19, 2021.