Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
The South Bend - Elkhart Regional Partnership (SBE Regional Partnership) is a 501c6 nonprofit regional economic development organization dedicated to advancing the economy in the South Bend – Elkhart Region.
The SBE Regional Partnership is a collaboration of the economic development partners from 47 smart connected communities in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan focused on a long-term systemic approach to advance the region’s economy by aligning the efforts of various stakeholders around five key areas:
- Educating a world-class WORKFORCE
- Recruiting and retaining great TALENT
- Attracting and growing high-wage INDUSTRIES
- Promoting INCLUSION
- Helping ENTREPRENEURS thrive
More information about the SBE Regional Partnership is available at www.SouthBendElkhart.org.
Business and commerce depend on having access to transportation to move people and goods, which helps fuel the regional economy. The SBE Regional Partnership is seeking a highly professional and strategic individual to work with the SBE Regional Partnership’s Director of Industry Growth and the South Bend International Airport to increase the direct and indirect economic benefits of airport operations throughout the region.
The SBE Regional Partnership is seeking a full-time Economic Development Specialist to support South Bend International Airport in economic development initiatives including but not limited to the following detailed responsibilities:
- Land Use Planning and Economic Development surrounding the airport
- Real Estate Development and Management
- Help established companies with international trade opportunities
- Expand and market the use of the Foreign Trade Zone
- Domestic and international cargo service development
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Identification of non-aeronautical revenue streams
- Grant research and proposal development
- Development of public-private partnerships (P3s)
- Advocate for policy in legislature and for policy decisions in support of transportation and infrastructure improvements
- Prepare monthly reports for the St. Joseph County Airport Authority
- Support business attraction efforts which require extensive and frequent air services
- Strengthen communication between the airport and economic development professionals in the region
- Other related tasks
At least five years professional experience in economic development, infrastructure development, transportation development, or business assistance. Proficiency in MS Office suite products including PowerPoint required. Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM required.
Bachelor's degree, CEcD designation preferred, but not required. Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) credential or coursework toward this is preferred.
- Strong decision-making skills and effective at problem solving and negotiating resolutions
- Innovative thinking abilities to develop new ideas.
- Experience writing business reports, contracts, scope of work, creating presentations, and delivering to management.
- Highest ethical standards, requiring honesty, integrity, respect and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for substantial contact with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and be adaptable to various competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative attitude and willingness to work closely with multiple stakeholders in a team environment.
- Commitment to high quality work, continuous improvement, and accountability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently.
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Cultural Competencies and Commitments
- Exhibits high integrity
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Demonstrated success working in teams
- Hardworking, humble approach to work
- Consistently provides quality results
- Responsible work ethic
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competency
- Highly motivated by challenges
- Value and vision driven
- Positive can-do attitude
- Well organized habits
- Reliable with a ready-to-help disposition
- Positive approach to problem solving
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The successful candidate must submit to a required background check prior to the first day of employment. A background check may consist of, but not limited to, a criminal history check, employment reference check, social security and address verification, drug tests and an education verification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, retirement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and references as attachments to Sarah Kovich at email@example.com, mail to: South Bend - Elkhart Regional Partnership, 635 S. Lafayette Blvd., Suite 123, South Bend, IN 46601. E.O.E.