Hoosiers for Renewables is looking to hire an individual as a Field & Research Coordinator. The position is a consulting role, serving as an independent contractor to the organization. The organization is a non-partisan, statewide organization that supports the development of renewable energy, primarily large-scale solar and wind projects, through services and communication to citizens, local public officials, businesses and others to educate them about the economics, cost savings and environmental benefits of renewable energy.
Initiative and drive are expected to creatively identify new methods and processes for sources of research and outreach to accomplish the organization’s goals. A description of the responsibilities for this position is listed below.
Please email a cover letter including a statement on why you support renewable energy and your salary history along with your resume to:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance and participation at designated community meetings as assigned. Monitoring and accurate reporting is expected. Participation and any active advocacy will be assigned on a case-by-case basis.
- Have conversations with community and business leaders and local elected officials to educate them about the organization and its support for renewable energy.
- Assist with organizing local supporters to show up for hearings and other events, advocate for the renewable energy industry and provide support to the various wind and solar projects in Indiana, as directed by leadership.
- Outreach may include, but not limited to event management, media relations, digital communications and advertising, all under the direction of organization leadership and outside consultants.
- Research, as assigned. Especially relating to data collection and review of county economics and local impact renewable energy projects in Indiana.
- Proficiency with relevant software applications and social media is expected.
- Work from a home-based office.
- In-state travel, while adhering to COVID-19 guidelines, is expected.
- Travel and other expenses related to the position will be reimbursed, based on an initial budget drafted by the organization.
- The amount of work required is expected to equal that of a full-time position. The weekly workload may vary with some evening and weekend engagements anticipated.
Direct lobbying of state officials (elected, appointed, and staff) is NOT a responsibility of this position.
As noted, this position will be an independent contractor providing services to the organization and are not an employee of the organization.